Friday 25 September 2015

THE BAD GOODBYE



While we exchanged our goodbyes
Our fingers trembled
We both wore broad smiles
Yet our eyeballs were soaked

One of us had to be strong
I knew I had to be the one
So I locked up the tears
But how long could the floodgates hold?

How do you say goodbye so loud
And whisper 'don't go' in your heart
Why freeze these emotions?
Why give the heart more than it can bear?

Men do not cry!
Mum's golden rule
Well, If this is wat it takes to be a man
Then call me Wendy

We looked into each other's eyes
Our smiles were slowly wearing off
She tried to say something
But it was too late

Her gates had loosened
And the tears sped down her cheeks
She hid her face unto my chest
By now, I had broken mum's rule

I realized I had no tissue
So i buried my face in her hair
And one question crossed my mind
What's good about goodbyes?

1 comment: