Thursday 17 September 2015

BLUE BIRD



Who understands the language of the birds?
Tell me what this blue bird says
Surely, it has a message for me
One from my empress across the seas

Weakened are its feeble wings
Yet smart to escape Gravity's wrath
And across all seven seas
Revered my empress' request

But here it stands in awe
Trying to make me understand
The language of the ancient
Made for the tongue of a royal

The soft coo it makes
While it looks away from me
Like it wants to fly me home
Oh! My empress must be missing me

Has she been crying?
Has she been starving?
Is her health frailing?
Someone ask this bird for me

The weak bird wouldn't talk
Its been feeding on stray insects
It finally hops unto my palm
Behold! A paper fastened to its leg

It vaguely read; PLEASE COME BACK HOME
It was my lady's handwriting
Sobbing with tears down my cheeks,
The blue bird gently flaps its wings.

Who speaks the language of the birds?
Tell the blue bird to tell my lady
That I miss her more
And I'm coming back home

This time, for good!
And away, the blue bird flew!

2 comments:

  1. I've miss u but am not coming home now. Not yet.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to come dear, I'm already on a bird's wings to where you are. Lol

    ReplyDelete