Sunday 26 July 2015

THE LAZY POET!

Image result for THE LAZY STUDENT
The muse kept knocking 
But my lazy soul was wandering
While the words kept pouring
My ink wasn’t flowing  

I was under no pressure to write  
So I daydreamed over an Italian diet 
And when I came to my senses
I had lost all the sentences  

I sat admiring my thumbprint 
While I had a poem to complete 
I racked my brain for the lost words 
But each time, the outcome got worse  

I felt like my brain was on temporal retardation
I felt like I’m responsible for the joy of a nation Yet all I do is a crafty manipulation
Of the words I learnt from basic school dictation  
 
I tried closing the book
But my conscience gave me a look
I felt I offend the Creator
When I decide to continue later 
 
I penned down all the nonsense 
In the end they all made sense 
Proudly, I admire my finished work
For which I wouldn’t even get a peck!


No comments:

Post a Comment