Sunday 26 July 2015

A HEART I WON!

Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE

Roaming like a stray dog
I met a maiden in the fog
She wore raiment of old
And bore a crown of gold

Her smile betrayed her white teeth
Yet I could hear her heartbeat
She had dried tears on her cheeks
Her fear, obviously in its peaks

I walked close to where she sat
And slowly took off my hat
I tried to reach for her arm
I saw the blood in her palm

She whispered, it’s a curse
Who ever loves me, life expels
At least, that’s what history taught me
So go your way and let me be

But the beauty in those eyes I beheld
Made me immune to the words I heard
So what do you call a boy?
Who thinks a tiger’s whisker is a toy

These words made her smile
She found one ready to go the extra mile
One who thinks the past is gone
And future, open to be won

I got her up on her feet
And asked if she’s ready to dance to my beat
She said, whoever fills my soul with laughter
I promise to love ever after.


2 comments:

  1. My favourite lines :- She said, whoever fills my soul with laughter
    I promise to love ever after.

    ReplyDelete