Thursday 28 May 2015

ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST


I sit by the window watching the sky
And I wonder why my buddy had to die
The feeling inside makes me cry
Makes me feel like life will soon pass by

Words keep rumbling in my head
My eyes won’t shut even in bed
 Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
Yet I need an answer from the dead

The whats, the whys and hows
I seek from the eyes of your spouse
Like a search for a flying mouse
Alas! Silence grips the house

How do I sing our song?
Now that you’re gone
Who will play the gong?
Indeed! Good things don’t last long

The signs are not of closures
For while I walk with our brothers
I feel your tap on my shoulders
And your footsteps like a soldier’s

I turn to smile at you
But I do not see your hue
Is it in my head or it’s really you?
I just don’t have a clue

Today, death had his way
But wherever you may be P. Kay
Just know that come what may
We will surely meet again someday.



OWUSU NYANTAKYI a.k.a PAA KWESI, R.I.P.P!!


1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed ,we will surely meet again.RIPP Oshele.we luv u

    ReplyDelete