Tuesday 19 January 2021

AS A LIAR...



As a liar,
make me an advocate of the truth.
Have me be the mouthpiece that tells of lies' destruction.

For I have at firsthand, 
seen the monsters my very actions have notched.
I have crawled harmlessly into harmonious places 
and inspired chaos.

Like a chameleon, I too have taken lives,
by the action of my tongue.

I have dug graves with utterances,
and buried Truth alive.
And if Truth does resurrect, 
my abode shall be where i first put him.

As a liar, 
I am become my own nemesis.

As a liar, 
etch upon my tombstone,
"Truth is such a delight".

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem Kobby Blaq . What a good way to start the year . We have all been victims or perpetrators of lies . Let’s hope we can became better advocates of the truth .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth is indeed such a delight. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great content, my we be guided always🙏

    ReplyDelete