Thursday 29 November 2018

LATELY!


Lately,  I lose track of time, staring at moving clouds,
waking up famished in places cold.
 
Lately, a voice mocks me from within,
a voice as spooky as a murderer's ghost in a haunted house. 

Lately, I wake countless times before the morning comes,
and I forget the good dreams.

Lately, all the songs have become boring,
their lyrics make no sense,
yet the silence is more terrifying.
 
Lately, I engage in useless brawls,
punching first and punching weak,
as one with a longstanding death wish.

Lately, I go on pattern-less runs,
 trying to forget something I cannot remember. 

Lately, I have no admiration for the man in the mirror,
his smiles are fake,
and his demeanor reeks of delirium.

And I must confess; 
lately, I'm not as strong as I was,
 when it used to be you and I against the world!

2 comments: