Sunday 13 May 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



If wishes could come into being by a snap of my fingers,
I would throw a feast for my mother on the face of still waters.
If I could whisper the stars to draw nearer,
I will task them to surround these waters.
And I will call upon all the nobles,
to bear me witness;
As I show my appreciation to the Queen of my world.

If I could tie down the hands of time, 
The celebration will be eternal. 
The celebration of a life well lived;
The celebration of true motherhood. 
The womb that kept me.
The breast that fed.
The hands that nurtured me.
The embrace that dried my tears.
The kiss that soothed me.
The voice that said 'I'm here, you need not worry!'

A million tongues to sing, 
Of how deep my love for you is.
Extending from the deep blue skies, 
To the floor of the deepest oceans. 
Yet it cannot be compared,
To half of your love shown to me.
Today, I say thank you,
To the God who made you;
Who made you just for me.
I couldn't have asked for more
And now I boldly declare, 
There's no mother like mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment