Sunday 10 May 2015

IS MAMA EVER WRONG?

Image result for MOTHER AND SON



When mama scolded me
I thought she hated me
But I saw the fire in her eyes
Her desire to make me a better man
When she got calm, she whispered;
“Son, it was a necessary rebuke”
With a smile, I replied;
“Mama, I understand!”

When mama said we will laugh last
I did not understand her
At the time, everything was crushing
Yet she insisted, things and times change
To the world, the vision was blurred
All hope was lost but mama was adamant
Through the fog, she saw the light
Today, we are the ones who laugh best

When mama said we wouldn’t last
I thought she was jealous
Mama loved me too much
And was scared to lose me to some lady
I spent time with Lucy more than mama
 Soon, the other part of Lucy showed
Excessive demands and half truths
But mama had her arms wide opened
And with a broken heart, I ran to her
She said, “It’s good you learnt the hard way”

When mama said I will turn my back on her someday
I knew she was only joking
And yeah! She was just joking
She only needed me to reaffirm my love for her
Mama, I LOVE YOU!!
But for long I’ve been wondering
IS MAMA EVER WRONG??

1 comment: