Saturday 24 January 2015

ACROSS THE BRIDGE!









She lives at the other side of the bridge
A place for the elite and rich
Where the kids have a chauffeur
And they get whatever they prefer

We eat little on our side of the bridge
And grow wishing we were sons of the rich
The wealthiest here can’t match their chauffeur
So we barely get what we prefer

Woe unto us when we’re late for school
They come late and the teacher’s are cool
We do better academically
They employ us eventually

I know it’s not fair
But I don’t really care
For this story is about her
And not what is unfair

I was a benefactor of her dad’s scholarship
Yet I couldn’t boast of her friendship
In her eyes, I was invisible
Damn! That feeling was terrible!

The plan was to find a common interest
I stalked her on facebook, twitter and pinterest
I found out she was a big fan of poetry
And that knowledge unearthed my prowess in poetry

There isn’t a definite time for writing a poem
But it took a week to cook her, the magic poem
I entitled it, the Breakthrough
For it was like a master’s brew

Amazing! That’s what she called the poem
It turned out I wasn’t only good at chem.
In no time, I got my first kiss from Rose
And to the other side of the bridge, I arose!!

3 comments: