Tuesday 1 July 2014

WANDERING HEARTS THAT NEVER MET




Our tender hearts did love seize
In the silent nights with ease
The die was cast
I found one at last
When I blink
She would wink
In her eyes was the light
The light that shines so bright
Bright light that tamed my brutish soul
Beneath this light, my haven, my sole
One thing would make it certain
To affirm her thoughts, her version
I asked her out on a date
To which she did not hesitate

In my head, I rehearsed
Word by word, line by line
And a short prayer to Saint Valentine
As I handed her a Clementine
And so we sat on the sandy beach
Rumbling in my head, the golden speech
At last, on ma knees, I poured it all out
She looked away, she seemed to doubt
She turned back and she shivered
I can’t! I can’t!! she whispered
My heartbeat echoed as I heard
Indeed, we both yearned
I yearned for her and no other
She yearned too but for another!

2 comments: