Wednesday 24 December 2014

MY FIRST LOVE!




 I was fourteen
She was thirteen
I had the stature
But she was smarter

We were both in the same class
But I really wasn’t her class
She gets with ease an A+
I struggle to get a C+

It was a contrasting pair
I really didn’t deserve her
Though I loved her to the core
It was clear she loved me more

Mummy used to force me to school
Now, nowhere could be this cool
She lured me to school with toffees
And our home-works were photocopies

She didn’t show up at school one Monday
 I remember it was in May
I got a note from her neighbor, Ruby
And it vaguely read ‘Goodbye Kobby’

Then I realized why she wept on Friday afternoon
As she told me the story about the moon
Her family had moved to Spain
And we had to bear the pain

Reminiscing the bicycle rides
The silly ice-cream fights
The nights we laid on the grass
Watching the shooting stars

So if you get this message, Gretchen
All I have are two questions
Have you moved on?
Should I move on?

2 comments: