Wednesday 24 December 2014

THE HAPPY FRIEND






Once I had a happy friend
Twice you wrong him
Thrice he forgives you
He always wore a smile
He made the worse look better
An epitome of an optimist
A trait I still can’t fathom

I perceived he had a perfect life
Until he narrated his story;
His mother died at his birth
And his father unlawfully remanded
For the first time I saw his sad face
‘Daddy did nothing wrong,
He only scolded a Richman’s son’
For that he’s been away for five years?
And there I stood in dismay
Wondering how he still smiles

So I gathered courage
And asked of his little secret
As usual, he smiled
Tapped me on the shoulder
And said ‘it could have been worse’
In five words he brainwashed me
And I too became a happy boy
For whatever that life serves you,
Just know ‘it could have been worse’

1 comment: